Tuesday, March 6, 2012


Sunday, I finally finished Dan's gloves!


I made them to match his hat and just in time for spring!

Wait a minute...

Technically, these were for his birthday, but since his birthday was in February (you know, a month he would have actually gotten to use them)... I did cast on for them on his birthday, though. Which means it took me one month to finish them (and then two days to block them because, honestly, I forgot about them yesterday even though they were probably ready), so these are now officially gloves for the one month anniversary of his birthday.


Happy anniversary!

I will say that these gloves are pretty awesome. I want to make a pair for myself and I don't think my parents would mind getting some, either! There are a few things I'd do differently on the next pair (work the increases one stitch in from the purl stitch instead of right after it, in particular) but I'm really happy with how they turned out, especially since I had to do massive adaptations to the pattern to make sure they'd fit Dan's hands.

And just in case you are interested in those massive adaptations, here's the Ravelry project page for them.

Next up: I have no idea! But I have lots of options. Maybe I should make a roulette wheel of them or something...


Post a Comment